Friday, September 13, 2013

New Release



Stone of Destiny
by
Mary L. Ball

Can a mysterious ring change lives?
The sapphire symbolizes s mental clarity, faithfulness and truth. For centuries, a legion in the Harrison family revolved around a ring.
Taylor Harrison has given up on everything but her work. The youngest CEO of Mugful’s Beverage Company, her life is complete. That is, until her grandmother asks her to oversee renovations at the family home and find the missing heirloom.
First contact with what she believes is an insignificant ring, lost for fifty years, sends her life spinning. Taylor experiences strange dreams. Feelings surface; she doesn't understand; thoughts that should remain unspoken, voiced. 
 Taylor’s emotional journey begins, testing a heart as cold as the ring itself.
 Is this a fairy-tale or her soul, reaching out for a life she can only find through faith and trust in God? 

An Interview with Mary L. Ball


  

VBT: Is Stone of Destiny your first novel?  
Mary:  No my debut novel is titled Escape to Big Fork Lake, available on Amazon and most online retailers.

VBT:  What is your favorite scene in this novel? 
Mary:  One of my favorite parts in Stone of Destiny is when Taylor has a dream that leads her to the true happiness she seeks. 

VBT:  What are you working on now?
Mary:  My current work in progress is dubbed Redemption in Big Fork Lake. The manuscript has a few of the same characters as my debut novel, but it’s a stand-alone story with a few returning characters.

VBT:  What is your favorite genre to read and to write?
Mary:  Inspirational mystery is my favorite to write, though I enjoy reading suspense.    

VBT:  What authors have influenced your writing the most and why?
Mary:  Nicholas Sparks, he shows the reader how the characters face conflict, but still remain strong in their beliefs. I also like Terri Blackstock. Her novels are just encouraging to me.

VBT:  Weaving spiritual elements seamlessly into a novel seems to be a gift. Have you mastered the technique and if so how? 
Mary:  Faith seems to dominate my novels. As for mastering it, I believe we all have challenges that try us at times. I’m going through such a trial now, but with the Lord’s guidance, I will grow stronger and discover even more ways to grab hold of my faith.  All of which I hope to share with readers.

VBT:  Tell us about yourself and how you decided to become a writer.
Mary:  I strive to be a faith-filled woman (there’s that word again) I’m caregiver for my mom and I keep my grandkids while my daughter works. My life gets so full with the things that bog us down, so one day I set at the computer and started my fictional world.  It’s exciting to realize one world where I can have total control over.  I live in North Carolina between the wondrous mountains and beautiful beaches. I love the outdoors. When I’m not helping the family or supporting her husband’s ministry, I like to fish, hike or read a good novel.

VBT:  What is your favorite all-time novel?
Mary:  I’m asked this a lot. The truth is I have too many favorites. I would put Message in a Bottle on top. LOL…. I know I should list a classic.

VBT: What profession or job did you have before you became a writer?
Mary:  I was a secretary and a career placement coordinator.

VBT:  Any advice for new unpublished authors?
Mary:  Never give up on your writing. When you get a rejection dig into your manuscript and make it better.

Thanks Virginia, for having me on your blog.
Find Mary’s novels on Amazon and most online retailers. A few of the locally owned books stores also carry them.


3 comments:

  1. Having read Mary's first novel I'm looking forward to STONE of DESTINY. Mary does an excellent job of weaving her faith and involving her characters in real life and
    everyday problems. Something I like to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diane, People like you are a blessing. Your encouragement is awesome.

    I enjoyed Agatha's interview very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice interview. I like knowing a little bit about the real person behind those fictional characters.

    ReplyDelete