Friday, July 1, 2011

Meet the Author

                                                                     
Pursued
by
Lillian Duncan

I’m excited to interview author, critique partner, and friend, Lillian Duncan better known as Lil. Her debut novel, Pursued, releases July 1 as and ebook and a print book

VBT: Hi Lil. How exciting for you to have your first novel published. Pursued is a contemporary mystery/suspense and the buzz is it’s a great read. Tell us about the story.

Lil: PURSUED is about a young attorney, Reggie Meyers. She’s spent her life pursuing success, money, and power. But now she’s being pursued by an unknown killer. Lucky for her, God arranges for her to crash into her knight in shining armor, literally.

Reggie grew up in the foster system and has a hard time trusting other people. Trusting Dylan Monroe will either be the best thing she’s ever done or the last.

VBT: How much research did you have to do to write Pursued?

Lil: I didn’t have to do a lot of research for this book. Just some of the basics about bugs (the listening kind) and bombs. You know, just the usual!

VBT: How can reading your book have an impact on the reader’s life?

Lil: Dylan, the hero, and his family believes in helping others. They put their faith in action. I want my readers to come away from the story feeling like they would be willing to help others, even when it’s inconvenient.

VBT: What are you working on now?

Lil: I have another book coming out in the fall, DECEPTION. So, I’m working on that as well as a sequel to PURSUED.

VBT: Who or what inspired you to write?

Lil: I love books and always wanted to be a writer but never did anything about it. I’ve always made up stories when I was bored but it wasn’t until I was 40 when I realized that I was supposed to write them down so other people could enjoy them.

VBT: Tell us a little about you personally. What are some of your hobbies?

Lil: I love animals. My husband and I have two dogs and four parrots. Between him and the animals, there’s rarely a dull moment in the house, especially since the one is a new puppy. Along with that we do some camping. We just got back from a weeklong camping trip at the Lake of the Ozarks. We met my mom, sisters and brother and their families out there and had a great reunion.

And, of course, I love to read.

VBT: When you sit down to read, what is your favorite genre? Your favorite authors?

Lil: Mysteries and suspense are my favorite genres, but if it’s a good story I’ll read anything. Some of my favorite authors are Terri Blackstock and Brandilynn Collins.

VBT: What is your favorite Bible verse, and why?

Lil: So many to choose from. One of my favorites is Proverbs 23:7. For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. I believe our thoughts control our beliefs and our actions and therefore our lives. If we think we are capable of reaching our dreams, then we will. Which brings to mind another of my favorite verses, Matthew 19: 26—With God, all things are possible.

VBT: Tell us a little about your personal life?

Lil: My husband and I will celebrate our tenth anniversary in September. I have two adult step-children. My day job is a Speech Pathologist for a school district. I’m semi-retired now and loving it.

VBT: Now for some fun questions. What is your current cell phone ring tone?

Lil: Oops. I have an old-fashioned phone ring as my ring tone. I guess that speaks to the fact that I miss the “good old days.”

VBT: What is your favorite vending machine item?

Lil: Without a doubt, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups! Always has been and probably always will be.

VBT: What is your biggest fear?

Lil: Mmm. Again, so many to choose from. Amusement park rides terrify me! Really!! You have no idea how many times, I’ve been close to death because of roller coasters, Ferris wheels, and other rides—at least in my own mind.

VBT: And now for my final and most important question, how can our bloggers purchase your book?

Lil: They can buy it through any of the major online bookstores (Amazon and Barnes and Nobles) along with going to my publisher’s website:

www.whiterosepublishing.com. But the best thing they can do is go to their local bookstore and ask for it to be ordered if it isn’t available at that store. If you’d like to learn more about me, you can visit me at: www.lillianduncan.net.

VBT: Thanks for spending time with us Lil. Now, everyone go forth and buy Pursued!

Lil: Thanks for having me.

1 comment:

  1. Great interview and interesting questions, Virginia. I learned a lot about Lil and Pursued. Certainly piqued my interest.

    ReplyDelete